August 13, 2007

Overcoming the Barriers to Guest Blogging

Guest Blogging is great. I wish someone would ask me to guest blog on their blog, so ok I didn't write this article, it was written by a guy called Ankesh Kothari who writes about all kinds of blog things like setup and traffic - and I think it is pretty good.

Overcoming the Barriers to Guest Blogging starts like this:

Guest posting on other blogs can attract more traffic than almost any other technique. Yet very few bloggers actively seek out guest blogging opportunities. Very few bloggers shoot an email to other blogs and send them a guest blog post pitch.

This post aims to break all your barriers to guest blogging. So that you too can start creating your own guest blogging opportunities.

Objection 1: The blog is so popular. I doubt if the author has time to even read my emails. I’m sure he won’t allow me to write for his blog.

I’ll let you in on a secret: most bloggers will allow you guest posting on their blog if you approach them with a unique story or angle. It doesn’t matter how popular they are. Its true that your chances of getting published on their blogs shoots up high if you’ve spent time in building a relationship with the author first though.

read more

No comments: