August 10, 2007

Learn isiZulu in 8 weeks... free!

When I saw this story Learn isiZulu in 8 weeks...free! I thought, Wow, I have to sign up; then I thought, "get real" it's going to take time and I'm too busy, but when I read the story I realised that it is a great idea, that it won't take much time and although it is just the basics of isiZulu, it's a good start.

The Motherland Language program - the brainchild of Motherland founder Kevin McKerr – is launching on the 3 September and will be presented in short video clips, which can be accessed on any PC by visiting Motherland Isiko TV (www.mitv.co.za) or via cellphone through the mitv Bluetooth network.

"We live in the new South Africa and are living the African Renaissance, but many white South Africans can't speak any of the major African SA languages" says McKerr of his motivation for the project.

Motherland Isiko TV is releasing sixteen 1.5 minute video episodes that teach the basics of isiZulu. The episodes will be released every Monday and Thursday morning so that all South Africans receive the same lessons at the same time.

Read more and find out how you can register.

And please spread the good news!

1 comment:

Bryce Wesley Merkl said...

Here's a great web resource for practicing your new Zulu skills:

isiZulu wiki browser