August 20, 2007

Online Reputation Mangegement

Online Reputation Management - this sounds so governmentspeak I can't believe it is related to the Net. But when I saw this I suddenly became aware that I may just have an online reputation that I might want to manage so I dutifully read on.

What it really is all about, according to this guy, Stephen Pitts at Pittfall, is that you need to list yourself with Peekyou.com in order to manage and control your reputation online.

PeekYou is a new kind of online white pages.

A PeekYou profile helps other people find your websites, social-networking pages, photos, or anything else about you online. You can also create a profile for friends or relatives to ensure that they may also be easily found online.

So read all about how Stephen Pitts did something about his online reputation management on Peekyou.

1 comment:

pittfall said...

Protocol in Practice,
Thank you for your reference to my post. One thing that I would like to address is the need for online reputation management. It can be a very important way to combat mis-information. For this reason alone, it (reputation management) can be seen as a valuable thing for everyone to consider. The other great aspect of PeekYou.com is that it can become an all-in-one resource for others to discover more about you.