May 12, 2008

Get more Productive on your Keyboard

I'm a hack, so my typing skills are the two finger type - I'm quite fast because I've been doing it for years, but I've always envied the typists, who do amazing things with alt and ctrl keys.

So I was pretty excited when a Digg buddy "shouted" me this article called Productivity Ninja: 101 Ways to Rock the Keyboard.

Not that my keyboard needs any physical rocking - I sit with it on my lap, but I'm sure that's not what he meant, because his belief is that if you use the computer a lot, you have to stop using the mouse and learn to "Rock the Keyboard".

(I guess he can't remember a pre- windows era when we laid out publications in Dos on keyboards...)

But for those who want to become Productivity Ninja's, he lists plenty of keyboard shortcuts for programs ranging from Firefox , G-Mail, Google Reader, Windows, Mac and more. (Good to know when the mouse's battery is flat).

So for those among us who enjoy keyboard shortcuts - this Productivity Ninja article has plenty of stuff to explore.

No comments: