May 23, 2008

10 Reasons why "Tech Speak" is the Best Language to Learn

Like many people, I keep on making New Years resolutions to learn a new language. I've been making them for many new years!

For me, living in Durban in KwaZulu-Natal, isiZulu would be the obvious new language to learn, after all it is the most spoken language in South Africa. But although I know plenty of words and phrases and can pick up conversation when my friends talk, I've realized it is very , very difficult.

So I was really stoked (Durban surfer speak for "excited) to find this blogpost, 10 Reasons why "Tech Speak" is the Best Language.

Written by Andrew Gonsalves "Halx" www.tfproject.org the Tech Speak story explains that:

"While knowing how to speak Spanish will secure you a customer service job in Los Angeles, knowing how to speak French will make you sound sexier, and knowing how to speak Japanese will make all of your hentai games more interesting, if you know "Tech Speak," you're already 10 times more versatile than all those other bilingual show-offs. By Tech Speak, I don't mean to imply that there is some secret code that you haven't heard of before, and I certainly am not referring to any glossary of buzzwords that make you look more of a blow hard for reciting them. Tech Speak is simply the language of technology; the understanding of where the world is going and the tidbits of knowledge needed to stay adrift."

If you want to know the ten reasons, you'll have to click the links and find out.

No comments: