April 21, 2009

How to Create a Perfect Twitter Profile


I'm really intrigued with people's Twitter Profiles; what they do and don't reveal - sort of like Facebook Profile pics - but Twitter Profiles work on a different level.

You get 10 or 20 or even 50 follows a day - you flip through them, some are obvious fits for you so you follow them. Others you take a closer look at- what is the first thing you notice when you look at someones Twitter profile?

What Do You Look First on a Twitter Profile

Do you read the Tweets? And then think -Wow, I wouldn't mind having this kind of connection - or do you look at the Profile pic and the few words people use to describe themselves?

Like I really want to know he's a "devoted father" unless I'm writing about parenting issues; or that she is "petite and energetic" unless I'm looking for a date for the Prom who will keep me on my feet all night.

I found a great article 7 tips for the perfect Twitter Profile.

  • Use your real name (and don't use underscore)
  • Use a real picture (especially if it's a real name)
  • Think SEO when writing your bio
  • Include a URL
  • Consider a custom background
  • Don't protect your updates
  • Take it slow
Now I must rush off to fix up my own Twitter Profile, but read the article - it is great!

No comments: