October 8, 2008

A Dance in Time at the 2010 Stadium in Durban


I've been watching the 2010 Moses Mabidha Stadium and documenting it from before the fist pick dug into that soil. I love awesome structures and I know this one is going to be one of them. While the rest of the world holds its breath to see whether Africa can pull of the FIFA World Football Cup in 2010, we, here in South Africa just shrug and carry on with life - we know we can do it.

Anyway, yesterday I received my friend's latest novel, A Dance in Time. I had the book with me when I was taking the pictures of the 2010 Stadium. So, I thought I'd just show Aine the book had arrived in Durban.

Aine is a really, really good Irish writer who writes under the name of Orna Ross. I couldn't wait to get stuck into this book because I read her first novel, Lover's Hollow two years ago in Dublin, when I spent a month there, taking writing lessons from her.

I also watched the last World Cup in Ireland. As a beer drinking South African I had a really good time in the pubs all around Ireland watching football with the locals, especially as none of us had a dog in the fight - now if it were rugby, that might have been another story...

I started reading A Dance in Time last night and I know it is going to be hard to do any work this week - I just want to get back to to the book.

And the 2010 Stadium, well I'll keep driving past it to record the progress.

For more pics of the Moses Mabidha Stadium, check my flickr pages

1 comment:

Orna Ross said...

thanks darlin'

tickled to see the book all the way over there in Durban Stadium!

hope you enjoy the read.
x

Orna