June 18, 2008

Amazon Bans South African Post Office

If you're like me and you regularly have books sent over from Amazon.com, forget it, because Amazon has blacklisted the SA Post Office.

According to SAPA, rampant theft by Post Office workers has infuriated internet retailing giant Amazon so much that it will no longer send goods to South Africa by post, Business Day has reported.

Anyone wanting to order directly from the US-based website must now pay for a private courier service adding about R420 to the price of a DVD.

No one from the Post Office would comment.

No other African country's postal service had been blacklisted by Amazon, Business Day said.

When I read this, I first checked the date to see if it wasn't April 1. I mean I know that theft is bad from the Post Office, but the fact that Amazon.com would blacklist the Post Office is terrible, how am I going to get my new Kindle?

No comments: