February 28, 2007

Starting with Mothers

Kicking off with a blog is not like starting to knit a jersey (not that I ever have) or attempting to climb a mountain (ditto). You get the feeling that it has to be just right or else everything is going to be wrong for ever.

Although this is supposed to be a business blog, related to the protocol , pr, media and cultural matters we deal with on the protocolinpractice website, it is also a place for me to network and spread the word and just have some fun.

All my favourite topics will apprear regularly like Web 2.0, skills development and training, ethics, inter-cultural communications, speech and media release writing, pr and many many other topics. I learn about new topics by the day!

I'm going to find interesting bits and pieces all over the place and great links to explore.

OK, I confess. My name is Karen Lotter and I am an info junkie.

The picture - Well Tata Madiba and Ma Winnie (Nelson and Winnie Madikizela Mandela to foreigners) always catch the eye. The Mother of our Nation turned 70 a few days ago and this picture was taken in the early nineties at an Operation Hunger function in Jo'burg by my late mother, Marie Lotter.

So I guess this is a good place as any to begin.

No comments: